BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Autohelm tri data (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/46502-autohelm-tri-data.html)

Alec July 20th 05 07:44 PM

Autohelm tri data

I have an autohelm tridata log and depthsounder.

The depth function is intermittent.

I have changed the transducer which seemed to fix the problem for a time but
it has reoccurred.

Any ideas?

Alec

Lynn Coffelt July 22nd 05 05:58 AM

"Alec" wrote in message
I have an autohelm tridata log and depthsounder.

The depth function is intermittent.

I have changed the transducer which seemed to fix the problem for a time

but
it has reoccurred.

Any ideas?

Alec

Algae, barnacles or other stuff growing on face of transducer?
Old Chief Lynn

G P Berry July 24th 05 08:36 AM

"Alec" wrote in message
I have an autohelm tridata log and depthsounder.

The depth function is intermittent.

I have changed the transducer which seemed to fix the problem for a time

but
it has reoccurred.

Any ideas?

Alec

Algae, barnacles or other stuff growing on face of transducer?
Old Chief Lynn

I had same problem, in my case it turned out to be the instrument.

Steve Thomas July 27th 05 10:08 PM

"Alec" wrote in message
I have an autohelm tridata log and depthsounder.

The depth function is intermittent.

I have changed the transducer which seemed to fix the problem for a

time
but
it has reoccurred.

Any ideas?

Alec

Algae, barnacles or other stuff growing on face of transducer?
Old Chief Lynn

I had same problem, in my case it turned out to be the instrument.

Same here, but with a ST40 Bi data instrument.
Ramarine support suggested I re-configure it, which I tried, but to no
avail..
Eventually it did not work with either the speed or the depth transducer.
The transducers work fine if I substitute a different instrument.
By the time I got another instrument to test the transducers with, the
original was just out of warranty.
It works fine as a Seatalk repeater.

Niels Kamphuis August 12th 05 08:56 AM

I had the same problem on my ST50 tridata during my holiday last week.
I opened the device and noticed it was very wet inside.
Just clean the PCB, put it together and try again.

Niels

"Steve Thomas" schreef in bericht
.. .