BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Aqua-Vue problem (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/39115-aqua-vue-problem.html)

Mel June 5th 05 02:15 PM

Aqua-Vue problem

A friend has an Aqua-Vue which appears to have a broken wire and loose pot.
The problem is how to get the case open. Three people before me have tried
and the case is cracked. There doesn't seem to be a way to slide even a
knife blade between the two parts of the case. I do electronic work and
it'll be an easy repair if I can get the case open. Are these things glued
together. Any suggestions?

Bob

Larry W4CSC June 6th 05 12:02 AM

"Mel" wrote in
:

Clarification: It's a Smart-Vu made by Aqua-Vue. I guess you can tell I
don't know anything about boating accessories.

You've already learned the most valuable lesson about boat electronics.
NONE of it was made to FIX. You're supposed to buy all new stuff, about
every 6 months near its normal MTBF....

Boat electronics companies don't fix anything either. If you return it for
repair, they know they can't make it watertight again, so simply send you a
new unit off the line. If the line is gone, they tell you it's obsolete
and there's no parts to fix it....(d^:)