BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Depth Sounder (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/27628-depth-sounder.html)

Ken Corbett January 30th 05 07:30 PM

Depth Sounder

Any advice on inexpensive depth sounders.....comments on Norcross,
Hummingbird, Uniden, Standard Horizon. The models in the $90 - $150 range.

wgander January 30th 05 09:55 PM

I've had a Raymarine L265 for several years and I'm very pleased with it.
For a few dollars more the L365 adds speed and water temperature to the
display.
If I ever replace it, I'll get one that has NMEA output. I have a separate
station set up for communicator/navigator. My Furuno radar and VHF radio are
connected to my GPS. The GPS and Depth Finder were mounted years ago on the
instrument panel for the convenience of the helmsman. It would be nice to
have the depth (and water temperature) also on the Radar display.

Rick January 30th 05 11:55 PM

Ken Corbett wrote:
Any advice on inexpensive depth sounders.....comments on Norcross,
Hummingbird, Uniden, Standard Horizon. The models in the $90 - $150 range.

I would stay away from Hummingbirds--they are not at all waterproof