BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Lokata synthesized marine receiver (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/27437-lokata-synthesized-marine-receiver.html)

TomS January 25th 05 03:43 PM

Lokata synthesized marine receiver

Does anybody have a manual for this unit?
Any information an opinions of it?

Regards,
TomS

Wayne.B January 25th 05 04:14 PM

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:43:35 +0200, "TomS" wrote:

Does anybody have a manual for this unit?
Any information an opinions of it?

===============================

Can't find any service information online.

The company address is:

Lokata Limited
Marine Electronics Division
Falmouth
Cornwall TRIO SAE
England

Dennis Pogson January 26th 05 09:17 AM

TomS wrote:
Does anybody have a manual for this unit?
Any information an opinions of it?

Regards,
TomS

Do you not know what it's function is, or is there a problem with it?

Dennis.
Remove "nospam" from return address.

TomS January 26th 05 02:54 PM

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in message
TomS wrote:
Does anybody have a manual for this unit?
Any information an opinions of it?

Regards,
TomS

Do you not know what it's function is, or is there a problem with it?

Dennis.
Remove "nospam" from return address.

What functions etc. How it works, if it is possible to connect to a PC
and receive navtex, wetaherfaxes etc.
Regs,
TomS

Dennis Pogson January 26th 05 03:04 PM

TomS wrote:
Does anybody have a manual for this unit?
Any information an opinions of it?

Regards,
TomS

Do you not know what it's function is, or is there a problem with it?

Dennis.
Remove "nospam" from return address.

What functions etc. How it works, if it is possible to connect to a PC
and receive navtex, wetaherfaxes etc.
Regs,
TomS

The only Lokata product I ever used was a radar detector. It would emit a
signal when any ships with radar switched on were in the vicinity, in effect
it acted as a "reverse radar" in fog and bad visibilty. Quite useful at the
time (in the seventies), it was much cheaper than radar but there was no
visual contact, only sound. You waved it around to get a nul point, and then
got the hell out of the way as quickly as possible!

There may be other Lokata devices which I am not familiar with.