Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Sabine

Default NMEA2000 - How about the Priority?

Is there anybody who could answer me a question concerning NMEA2000
priority settings?
There are only 3 bit available for the priority of a message.
Collissions are anyhow avoidid, because the afterwards folloing bits
are those of the PGN (Parametric Group Number), which is unic for
every message. Are the messages sorted by their priority and then
given their PGN? If yes, how about adding messages in later versions?
If no, how to come along with 8 different priorities? How to manage
that the most important message gains the access on the bus?

Many questions, I know. Hoping for many answers. Thanks a lot!
Sabine

NMEA2000 - How about the Priority? Sabine Cruising 1 December 7th 04 09:50 PM
That darned ACLU... Tuuk General 0 May 14th 04 09:13 PM
Terrorism Not a Priority for Ashcroft Pre-9/11 Jim General 0 April 14th 04 01:17 AM
A lump of coal for Bush NOYB General 3 February 21st 04 07:01 AM