Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
David Pocock

Default How to wire in a digital ammeter

I've joined this newsgroup to try to get some help on a particular
problem. I decided as a winter project on the boat to replace analogue
voltmeter and ammeter with digital ones from Lascar. I was recommended
these as being suitable and ordered them from the website:

http//:www.lascarelectronics.com

They have now arrived. No problem with wiring in the voltmeter but I am
stuck over how to wire in the milli-volt meter in a way that it can be
used to measure amps in my 12 volt circuit. I understood it could be
used to measure voltage difference on either side of a 0.1 ohm shunt to
give a value in amps. This may well be the case but the fact it comes
with ten wires, a small circuit board and four extra resistors was a bit
of a shocker to someone like me who just about knows the difference
between amps, volts and watts.

I realise this is a big ask but if anyone has the time and knowledge I
would be very interested to hear from them. It is the EMV 1125 meter and
there is a two page data sheet available from this page.

http://www.lascarelectronics.com/pro...01125&CFID=337
6245&CFTOKEN=35600876

David

Remove no and spam for a personal reply

Mercruiser alternator wire overheating - engine stops - tip Dick Harper General 0 September 23rd 04 07:07 AM
If you have to solder engsol Cruising 6 June 1st 04 03:53 AM
Wiring Confusion... Help! Douglas St. Clair General 18 April 16th 04 10:40 PM
Battery wire sprokkie Electronics 5 February 13th 04 08:57 PM
Battery wire Earl Haase Electronics 0 February 12th 04 02:30 PM