BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Whistler Handheld Radar (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/23556-whistler-handheld-radar.html)

J October 5th 04 05:23 AM

Whistler Handheld Radar

Hi,
I was wondering if there are any boaters out there that still use one.
Mine is still working fine and I use it every once in a while in the
fog. I would really like to find an instruction book for it. I know
it was made by Dodge Morgan's
(American Promise circumnavigation) company Controlonics probably in
the mid 70's. I expect that Apelco's LCD
radar for about the same money caused the Whistler to disappear from the
market. I was researching on the web about
Gunn Oscillators and came up with all kinds of stuff but nothing on a
Google search mentions this unit.

I can be reached at if there is anyone interested in a
discussion about this radar.
cheers john

Frederick cowles August 15th 12 04:49 PM

Hi,I also have a whistler radar that was built in mass. In the 70's it has never been used as the owner got a regular radar instead..still in the box,amazingly.