BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Evinrude throttle control difficult to get into neutral (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/121744-evinrude-throttle-control-difficult-get-into-neutral.html)

N1CK5 January 2nd 11 11:46 PM

Evinrude throttle control difficult to get into neutral

I have a 115 hp evinrude outboard. I couldn't be sure, but i reckon its 30-35 years old.

For some time, it has been extremely difficult getting it into neutral at all times. (No difference between being in water, or on the trailer).

If i play with the handle and shift it repetitively from forward to reverse, i can eventually "find" neutral. However, if simply sitting locked in the neutral position, 99 times out of 100, i won't be able to start the boat.

I assume that something is loose inside the throttle control handle (Not sure of the actual name - i'm new to this whole thing)

Any help would be greatle appreciated.

den January 4th 11 10:10 AM

Evinrude throttle control difficult to get into neutral

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/BR...AGE/parts.html
I use www.dogpile.com to search the web. It uses google, bing, ms,
and a whole lot of search engines. Gets pretty good results. Try it
you'll like it. I don't make squat on this recommendation.

stevebucknor1 January 5th 11 03:35 AM

I have a 115 hp evinrude outboard. I couldn't be sure, but I reckon its 30-35 years old. For some time, it has been extremely difficult getting it into neutral at all times. (No difference between being in water, or on the trailer). It is really amazing and outstanding.