BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   I may be at the wrong group - Tilt n Trim Problems for Yamaha 50 (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/114933-i-may-wrong-group-tilt-n-trim-problems-yamaha-50-a.html)

Kajunlion April 7th 10 05:20 AM

I may be at the wrong group - Tilt n Trim Problems for Yamaha 50

I have a Yamaha 50 that was made on 8/1998 which should make it a
1999. I has been in storage while I am building a house. I picked it
up and I have the
motor on the bracket but had the tilt extended(up).

Now when I press the down tilt or up tilt, I hear a click. I think it
could be a solenoid and I see a green and a blue wire coming from the
pump. Can I check voltage on the 2 wires? Which is up and down?

Thanks for any and all help.
From South Louisiana
Kajunlion

Steve Lusardi April 7th 10 05:56 AM

I may be at the wrong group - Tilt n Trim Problems for Yamaha 50

Yes you are on the wrong newsgroup, but your fault is probably a mechanical seizure. (corrosion) The click you hear is the
engaging of the motor control relay. Continued application of power to the stalled motor will burn it up. Take it apart.
Steve

"Kajunlion" wrote in message ...
I have a Yamaha 50 that was made on 8/1998 which should make it a
1999. I has been in storage while I am building a house. I picked it
up and I have the
motor on the bracket but had the tilt extended(up).

Now when I press the down tilt or up tilt, I hear a click. I think it
could be a solenoid and I see a green and a blue wire coming from the
pump. Can I check voltage on the 2 wires? Which is up and down?

Thanks for any and all help.
From South Louisiana
Kajunlion