BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   VHF Transmit damage if---?? (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/11465-vhf-transmit-damage-if.html)

[email protected] July 19th 04 11:03 PM

VHF Transmit damage if---??

I have a 25 watt VHF that when it is turned from side to side or
flopped over and over, the transmisson breaks up. In order to isloate
any antenna and lead problems could I screw on one of those short
range CB antennas and key the mike for short periods for a check? I
will have a VHF SWR meter inline to see the output. I understand I
should not key the mike without something attached.
Thanks,
Helmer

Bruce in Alaska July 20th 04 03:55 AM

VHF Transmit damage if---??

In article , wrote:

I have a 25 watt VHF that when it is turned from side to side or
flopped over and over, the transmisson breaks up. In order to isloate
any antenna and lead problems could I screw on one of those short
range CB antennas and key the mike for short periods for a check? I
will have a VHF SWR meter inline to see the output. I understand I
should not key the mike without something attached.
Thanks,
Helmer

Why not just take it to the nearest marine electronics shop, and get it
fixed?

Bruce in alaska who used to do that for a living.........
--
add a 2 before @