BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Does anyone use a Lowrance X-16 ??? (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/11428-does-anyone-use-lowrance-x-16-a.html)

the game, man. July 1st 04 09:13 AM

Does anyone use a Lowrance X-16 ???

Page 35 in the manual says: "Using the map is as easy as pressing the
PAGES key, then FULL MAP. A screen similar to the one on the right
(foto in manual) appears..."

I have installed brand new F-15 and F-30 MMC's both individually and
then together (unit holds up to 2 MMC's), and the only map I get is
the one of the entire N.America contenint... with my cursor showing my
location (with my GPS on).

Problem is: when I zoom in... all I get is a yellow-tan background
with my active cursor.

The Manual has page after page after page of Sonar and Navagation
info, but nearly ZERO regarding map settings & menu options.
Lowrance's website is just as uninformative too.. without any ability
to view manuals that I may have been shorted.

Can any X-16 user offer any practical help?

Thanks, brett