Rick Gonzalez

Default Can anyone recommend a good stereo and speakers for my boat.

I've been looking around, want something affordable, but that sounds good.
Can anyone suggest?

I've seen the BOSS AM/FM/CD and speakers for a very good beal $150 +/-. Also
there is a Clarion model I like for under $150 without the speakers.

The BOSS speakers look good, do they sound good?

TIA

Doug Dotson

We have a JVC stereo cassette with 12 CD changer and a pair of
BOSE 151 speakers. Works great but I wish it had a remote control.

I'm not familiar with BOSS.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Rick Gonzalez" wrote in message
I've been looking around, want something affordable, but that sounds good.
Can anyone suggest?

I've seen the BOSS AM/FM/CD and speakers for a very good beal $150 +/-.

Also
there is a Clarion model I like for under $150 without the speakers.

The BOSS speakers look good, do they sound good?

TIA

Larry W4CSC

"Doug Dotson" wrote in
:

We have a JVC stereo cassette with 12 CD changer and a pair of
BOSE 151 speakers. Works great but I wish it had a remote control.

http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/ma...rf=pg&dfdate=0
5_11_2004

JVC KD-G300 is great! Remote control, plays any MP3 off CDR or CDRW from
Usenet, $114 from digitalfotoclub in NYC and it came in 48 hours, great
service. It's got four 50W channels and is powering 8 speakers throughout
Lionheart, 6 bookshelf speakers inside and a pair of nice marine speakers
outside.

There's a mini phone jack in the front of it, another nice feature, to plug
into your external MP3 player or notebook computer on wireless broadband.
Ashley Marina in Charleston provides free broadband to its residents via
DSL and we plug the Dell Latitude nav computer into this jack while at home
so Cap'n Geoffrey can listen to his favorite BBC Radio 2 shows on-demand
from:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/
It's a nice touch of "home" to him...(c;
We also use the JVC during "in flight movies" from my collection.

When I come aboard, I bring my Archos hard drive player full of hundreds of
hours of uninterrupted music from home:
http://www.archos.com/products/av300_series.html
which plugs right into the JVC's front panel to distribute it to the boat,
or I can lay up in the V-berth with my Sennheiser headset by my self.

Who needs satellite radio??....(c;

Larry W4CSC
I'm leaving for the boat tonight, so don't expect a reply to your reply