BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   mathers electronic controls (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/11185-mathers-electronic-controls.html)

Alec Hopley March 24th 04 06:43 PM

mathers electronic controls

I have Mathers electronic controls on my boat.

The port upper control is not responding properly in that if I move it to
tickover astern for manuvering the gear does not engage. If I push it
further it will then respond but the revs also increase.

All the other controls respond OK.

How does the unit detect the need for gear engagement ? Are there two
microswitches in the control head or is it done a different way. How easy is
it to open up and adjust?

Alec

---