BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Furuno Radar M1732 (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/111071-furuno-radar-m1732.html)

Manlio October 22nd 09 09:49 AM

Furuno Radar M1732

I have a Furuno M1732 installed on my sailing boat on the chart table.
I wonder if there is any possibility to have a remote dusplay unit in
the cockpit. Do you have any idea about a possible solution ?
Thanks

Wayne.B October 24th 09 03:57 AM

Furuno Radar M1732

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 08:49:48 GMT, Manlio wrote:

I have a Furuno M1732 installed on my sailing boat on the chart table.
I wonder if there is any possibility to have a remote dusplay unit in
the cockpit. Do you have any idea about a possible solution ?
Thanks

Are you talking about one of these:

http://www.oceanicsupplies.com/fu17or17ra.html

If so it's a NavNet unit, and yes, you can network a second display.
I'd recommend calling Furuno tech support and ask which remote
displays are supported and what cables you need. The originals may be
out of production so you may end up needing to find a used one
somewhere.

More info he

http://www.furunousa.com/Furuno/Doc/0/FRUFFR4F037KDDAU2S77SR6N71/17x2%2017x2C%2017x3C%20Installation%20Manual.pdf

or

http://tinyurl.com/yka93mn

Manlio October 24th 09 05:38 PM

Furuno Radar M1732

Followup to msg on Fri, 23 Oct 2009 22:57:05 -0400, Wayne.B
:
(Original msg on bottom)

Thanks a lot for the info. I'll look deeper in.
Manlio

Bryan Goree March 27th 10 08:57 PM

From Furuno website. Add Multiple Displays by Connecting to NavNet Interface Probelm is that the remote navNet display will cost you more than the radar did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manlio (Post 754829)

wrote:

I have a Furuno M1732 installed on my sailing boat on the chart table.
I wonder if there is any possibility to have a remote dusplay unit in
the cockpit. Do you have any idea about a possible solution ?
Thanks

Add Multiple Displays by Connecting to NavNet Interface
From Furuno website, Problem is that the NavNet display will set you back more than what you paid for the whole radar.

Are you talking about one of these:

http://www.oceanicsupplies.com/fu17or17ra.html

If so it's a NavNet unit, and yes, you can network a second display.
I'd recommend calling Furuno tech support and ask which remote
displays are supported and what cables you need. The originals may be
out of production so you may end up needing to find a used one
somewhere.

More info he

http://www.furunousa.com/Furuno/Doc/...n%20Manual.pdf

or