BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   GPS/Fishfinder. Garmin or Raymarine? (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/11083-gps-fishfinder-garmin-raymarine.html)

doubleout February 22nd 04 10:16 PM

GPS/Fishfinder. Garmin or Raymarine?

I am shopping for a color chartplotter/sounder combo. I think I've narrowed
my list down to Garmin's 188C and Raymarine's 7" (L 760CRC) and 10"
(L1260CRC). Obviously the price varies with the size of the screen but I
was wondering if anyone out there could recommend one and why. Thanks, I
appreciate any feedback.

Kyle

Hans February 26th 04 06:35 AM

GPS/Fishfinder. Garmin or Raymarine?

For Garmin you can find some software on the net, at p2p sites.

Mapsourse from Garmin is a very usefull but simple program and can be found
on many sites c/w key

In view of the above i have Garmin and it is also a good product

Pauly February 26th 04 12:02 PM

GPS/Fishfinder. Garmin or Raymarine?

I cannot fault my L760C.
If you get one, make sure you get the model that can update the user CMAP
card. Some of the earlier models have the HSB2 software update but cannot
update the user cards.
Operationally and quality wise, it's been perfect for the two years I've had
it.

Regards
Pauly

Aron Tvedt February 29th 04 09:02 AM

compare the visibility

I have a L-760 rc+, when I made my choice, I looked at the visibility of the
display. The L760 color display is 640x480, with antireflex coating. I have
used it for 2 years, and are very happy about it.

Sometimes when there is a lot of movement in the boat, I have trouble
getting my eyes fixed on the 7" display, then I wished I had a 10" display.
But the price is different, and the equipment is to big for my boat. I think
the resolution are the same.
"doubleout" skrev i melding