BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Affordable range finder (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/10866-affordable-range-finder.html)

Marc Auslander November 30th 03 05:08 PM

Affordable range finder

I'm often unsure about how far I am from other objects in an anchorage
- other boats - other hazards - etc. I wish there was a device that
would measure ranges in the 50-1000 ft range. Not something that
depends on knowing the size of the object being viewed, of course.
But rather an optical or electronic gadget.

Larry W4CSC December 1st 03 01:43 AM

Affordable range finder

Try your local GOLF discount store......

Be careful boaters don't see you going in there to buy it....(c;

Golfers have this little split-image rangefinder that works pretty
well for finding the distance to the hole in that range. Of course,
that has nothing to do with getting the BALL anywhere near said
hole...hee hee.

$20 too much?

Wally World has the Bushnell Laser rangefinder at 700 yards for
$297....www.walmart.com

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:08:11 GMT, Marc Auslander
wrote:

I'm often unsure about how far I am from other objects in an anchorage
- other boats - other hazards - etc. I wish there was a device that
would measure ranges in the 50-1000 ft range. Not something that
depends on knowing the size of the object being viewed, of course.
But rather an optical or electronic gadget.
--

Larry W4CSC

NNNN

Keith December 1st 03 12:26 PM

Affordable range finder

Check out any shooting supply or gun store. They have various optical and
laser range finders.

BruceM December 3rd 03 12:05 AM

Affordable range finder

The Electricity supply mob here in Sth Aust have just the thing you want.
Just like a pair of binoculars that you focus in & then just read the
little indicator. Chap takes his out deer shooting!!
BruceM

Robert Miles December 16th 03 12:03 AM

Affordable range finder

Wonder what I would think if I spotted a little red dot on my can of
Boddingtons whilst reclining at Anchor!!

;)

Bob