Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
BOEING377

Default Raytheon MARPA performance? HSB and two displays?

I am planning to install a Raytheon radar R 70RC plus CRT
display/controller.which has a MARPA feature which tracks 10 targets. How well
does this MARPA feature work if you have a stable fast reacting heading ref
(KVH gyro stabilized flux gate in my case)? I may use only the 2 KW
transceiver which has so-so angular resolution. I am mostly interested in
tarcking boats that are within 3 miles of my position. I got feedback from one
user who said his worked great. He had the Ray smart heading sensor which is a
flux gate with a rate gyro. Anyone else using this Ray MARPA feature? Comments?
Anyone out there using HSB to have two radar displays working off one
transceiver? Any glitches?