BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Icom 270ml and 360ml gps help please (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/10776-icom-270ml-360ml-gps-help-please.html)

Charlie November 3rd 03 12:16 AM

Icom 270ml and 360ml gps help please

These units are for marine use. I believe they bought out Micrologic It
looks like Icom is getting out of the gps business. I need to know from
someone who owns or has
experience with either of these units if they are any good. Are they
reliable, do what they are supposed to, problematic. They quit making them
for a reason, economics or junk. The 360 chart plotter is my choice if you
think it is any good.

Thanks Charlie

PS Not looking for other recommendations because the price takes me out of
the game. Thanks

SAIL LOCO November 3rd 03 03:16 PM

Icom 270ml and 360ml gps help please

These are just 2 models that Icom continued with for a while after buying
Micrologic. Now they are disbcontinued and a number of dealers are bombing
them out ..... probably passing along a clearance factory price. I've seen the
360 for around $250 at Boat US. Quite a bargain for a chart plotter that takes
Navionics charts. Only difference I can see from the original Micrologic units
is that Icom has eliminated the jack that accepts the interface cable.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport