John Salyer

Default LED Anchor Light

I've found a bunch of stuff on replacing the incandescent bulb in the anchor
light with an LED array. But I haven't found a schematic of how to do this.
Any help? I'd like to build an array of up to 18 super bright LED's, with a
regulator. Any ideas?

Steven Dubnoff

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:56:48 -0400, "John Salyer"
wrote:

I've found a bunch of stuff on replacing the incandescent bulb in the anchor
light with an LED array.

If your time is worth anything, just buy one of these:

http://www.sealite.com.au/product_pa...rod_code=SL-05

This is an absolutely terrific unit at a reasonable price.

Best,

Steve

Steven Dubnoff
Circle Systems We make your data instantly usable.
Download Stat/Transfer from
http://www.stattransfer.com
1001 Fourth Avenue, #3200 (206) 682-3783
Seattle, WA 98154 Fax (206) 328-4788

Larry W4CSC

wrote:

I've found a bunch of stuff on replacing the incandescent bulb in the anchor
light with an LED array. But I haven't found a schematic of how to do this.
Any help? I'd like to build an array of up to 18 super bright LED's, with a
regulator. Any ideas?

Lionheart came with a solar-recharged LED yellow sidewalk light for an
anchor light.

Of course, we'd LIKE to keep it legal, so have replaced it with an
approved anchor/tricolor light......just for fun.

Oh, it also reduced the laughing and pointed from the other sailors on
the docks, too....(c;

Larry W4CSC

3600 planes with transponders are burning 8-10 million
gallons of kerosene per hour over the USA. R-12 car air
conditioners are responsible for the ozone hole, right?
John Salyer

I'm a putzer, and really would like to build one myself. Spending $114 for
a light as described isn't my cup of tea. It is more the challenge, than it
is spending the money.
wrote:

I've found a bunch of stuff on replacing the incandescent bulb in the

anchor
light with an LED array.

If your time is worth anything, just buy one of these:

http://www.sealite.com.au/product_pa...rod_code=SL-05

This is an absolutely terrific unit at a reasonable price.

Best,

Steve

Steven Dubnoff
Circle Systems We make your data instantly usable.
Download Stat/Transfer from
http://www.stattransfer.com
1001 Fourth Avenue, #3200 (206) 682-3783
Seattle, WA 98154 Fax (206) 328-4788

Glenn Ashmore

I too am a compulsive DIYer but when I looked at what is required I
faded. To get the 2 mile range at 360º you have to use 5 or 6 of the
new ultra bright LEDs and drive them with a special power supply circuit
and you still need the fresnel lens and water tight base. I estimated
the cost would be only slightly than less the available lights and I
wouldn't know if it was bright enough until the CG came along side with
their citation book open.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Jason

Absolutely hate the tricolour lights. Stupid invention. Bloody hard to make
out the movement of 30 plus vessels at night when they all have tricolours
running.
For what size of boat is this anchor light for???
--
Jason
There are 10 types of people - those who understand binary and those who

wrote:

[...]

SAIL LOCO

This is an absolutely terrific unit at a reasonable price..

A hundred bucks for an anchor light! For your yacht maybe. I have an anchor
light that runs off of 1 'D' cell and it sells for $15.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport