BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   VHF Hi/Lo Tx?? (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/10646-re-vhf-hi-lo-tx.html)

Marcus AAkesson September 12th 03 01:26 AM

VHF Hi/Lo Tx??

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:11:54 -0700, "Steve" wrote:

I wonder what people do who go sailing without a cell phone?? Maybe, pull
over and use a payphone??

If needed, we use the commercial coastal radio service on VHF
available in many countries. They will patch You to any number in the
world. Even works abroad with "roaming" as long as You know your
accounting code.

But yes, I do have a couple of cell phones as well.....

/Marcus

--
Marcus AAkesson
Gothenburg Callsigns: SM6XFN & SB4779