BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Can someone identify this SWR meter? (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/10604-can-someone-identify-swr-meter.html)

[email protected] August 26th 03 06:14 PM

Can someone identify this SWR meter?

I have this very old, but in very good condition, SWR/Field Strength
meter with out the instruction sheet that I would like to know
something about. It is a Thorotest SWFS-2, measuring 2x2x5, with the
connectors on each end and the meter, adjustment switch ( FWD, REF )
and control knob on a 2 inch side. I imagine this was used for CB
work, but could it tell anything about marine radio setup, without
damaging the radio?
Thanks,
Helmer

RB August 26th 03 10:10 PM

Can someone identify this SWR meter?

It does sound like one of many CB SWR meters that are kicking around.

It probably won't hurt your radio, but probably won't give you a reading
worth a hoot as the CB band is up at 27-29mhz, and marine vhf freqs are up
around 140mhz or so, if memory serves.