BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Any thoughts regarding the Navman series of GPS/Chartography units? (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/10539-any-thoughts-regarding-navman-series-gps-chartography-units.html)

Jordan August 3rd 03 01:57 PM

Any thoughts regarding the Navman series of GPS/Chartography units?

Any thoughts regarding the navman 5500 and 5600 as a cartargraphy unit over
the Garmin series?

James McQuade August 4th 03 01:37 PM

"Jordan" wrote in message ...
Any thoughts regarding the navman 5500 and 5600 as a cartargraphy unit over
the Garmin series?

The Navman 5500, and 5600 accept the NT+ electronic charts from
C-MAP. There are three price classes of charts. Local's at $99.00
each, Wide's at $199.00 each, and Super Wide's at $299.00 each. They
all contail the same level of detail, the difference is the size of
the coverage. A complete list of charts can be found at www.c-map.com.

James McQuade
C-MAP/USA

SUGILBERT August 14th 03 05:38 PM

Any thoughts regarding the Navman series of GPS/Chartography units?

Firstly, I abhore spam here--I've deleted the web link!

Lastly, the Navman 2100 fuel computer is for single engines only. They just
came up with a 3100 unit that will handle twins (which I have), but for the
money, you might as well go with the chart plotter and add the fuel kit.

Save some money on which ever unit you decide on at www.-------.biz.
Personally I have the 182C with the bluecharts and have been very happy with
it. You can get Navman's Fuel computer as a speparate 2" gauge also.
(South Bend,IN)