BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Repair Garmin GPS45..How? (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/10515-re-repair-garmin-gps45-how.html)

ONE July 25th 03 05:46 PM

Repair Garmin GPS45..How?

your problem is probably the antenna see if you can try another antenna and
no way you can open the unit without scrapping it.

JG
ONE Inc Canada

a écrit dans le message de news:
My GPS landed on its head and now doesn't see the satellites. The case
appears to be bonded together with some sort of adhesive and I'm wondering
if anyone has had any success in getting one apart without damage. I know
about the nitrogen fill and the watertight issue but it sure isn't any

good
this way and Garmin wants $90 to fix it. I might get lucky if I can just

get
it apart. Any suggestions from the group (other than don't bother)?