BoatBanter.com

-   -   NORTH WEST PASSAGE Summer 2004 (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/9698-north-west-passage-summer-2004-a.html)

krissteyn April 10th 04 12:29 AM

NORTH WEST PASSAGE Summer 2004

I am looking for any info on boats going through the NW Passage soon,
I would like to "buddy boat" or crew as part of my circumnavigation of
North America.
email me or check my website
www.freewebs.com/krissteyn/

Don White April 10th 04 08:31 PM

NORTH WEST PASSAGE Summer 2004

krissteyn wrote in message
om...
I am looking for any info on boats going through the NW Passage soon,
I would like to "buddy boat" or crew as part of my circumnavigation of
North America.
email me or check my website
www.freewebs.com/krissteyn/

Don't think too many pleasure boats go through yet. You may have to hitch a
ride on a gov't boat or an American Nuke submarine. If you wait a few more
years, global warming may make the transit plausible.

Paul Nightingale April 11th 04 07:16 AM

NORTH WEST PASSAGE Summer 2004

There was a boat from Nanaimo that went through a few years back. I
think it might have been Dove III or something like that.

Rodney Myrvaagnes April 12th 04 04:44 AM

NORTH WEST PASSAGE Summer 2004

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:31:27 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

krissteyn wrote in message
. com...
I am looking for any info on boats going through the NW Passage soon,
I would like to "buddy boat" or crew as part of my circumnavigation of
North America.
email me or check my website
www.freewebs.com/krissteyn/

Don't think too many pleasure boats go through yet. You may have to hitch a
ride on a gov't boat or an American Nuke submarine. If you wait a few more
years, global warming may make the transit plausible.

I seem to remember two guys with a Hobie 18 about 20 years ago? THey
dragged it across ice-covered islands, etc. I believe they went
west-to-east.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Capsizing under chute, and having the chute rise and fill without tangling, all while Mark and Sally are still behind you

krissteyn April 29th 04 07:01 PM

NORTH WEST PASSAGE Summer 2004

Yeah I know about some of the "already gones"...

what about this year ?

krissteyn April 29th 04 07:01 PM

Paul Nightingale May 1st 04 05:37 AM

NORTH WEST PASSAGE Summer 2004

When I re-read your question it was obvious what you meant, boy is my
face red!