BoatBanter.com

-   -   Looking for clock for the cockpit (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/9622-looking-clock-cockpit.html)

BCC April 3rd 04 06:29 PM

Looking for clock for the cockpit

Needs to be round, maybe 3" dia, waterproof front, prefer one that
runs off D cell or other battery so it still runs when the cockpit
instrument breaker is off.

Most sailing instruments look to be square these days.

Don White April 3rd 04 08:33 PM

BCC wrote in message
Needs to be round, maybe 3" dia, waterproof front, prefer one that
runs off D cell or other battery so it still runs when the cockpit
instrument breaker is off.

Most sailing instruments look to be square these days.

Take a peek at these people.
*** http://www.downeaster.com/ecom/storefront.aspx ***

I was given their top of the line 'tide clock' as a retirement gift.
It was gaining about an hour over a 1.5 week period so I called the local
dealer. He said just to bring it back and he'd swap
for another. (note: clock mechanism made in China)

fragged April 6th 04 11:06 PM

Looking for clock for the cockpit

hi
I know its not 3" but a lot of auto clocks are round and cheap from a scrap
yard.

fragged