BoatBanter.com

-   -   takin forever (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/9526-takin-forever.html)

Parallax March 22nd 04 03:26 AM

takin forever

When I agreed (this was seriously out of character) to have someone
else work on my boat, as I drove home I wondered if I should be
checked for evidence of a character altering stroke. Over the next
few weeks, I found myself thinking "Well, it does make a lot more
sense for him to do it than me" as I increased the things I want him
to do on her. Its really gotten out of hand though as I wonder if I
will know ANYTHING about my own boat whn she is finally ready. I now
wonder if I am simply adding tasks so I can happily continue working
without ever going sailing.....evidence of mental illness?

rhys March 22nd 04 04:44 AM

takin forever

On 21 Mar 2004 19:26:06 -0800, (Parallax)
wrote:

When I agreed (this was seriously out of character) to have someone
else work on my boat, as I drove home I wondered if I should be
checked for evidence of a character altering stroke.

Are you smelling burning toast where none exists? That's actually the
money in your wallet. Common mistake.

Over the next
few weeks, I found myself thinking "Well, it does make a lot more
sense for him to do it than me" as I increased the things I want him
to do on her. Its really gotten out of hand though as I wonder if I
will know ANYTHING about my own boat whn she is finally ready. I now
wonder if I am simply adding tasks so I can happily continue working
without ever going sailing.....evidence of mental illness?

Get your Boat Guy to keep a log of what he's doing where so you can
revise your Maintenance Log...it may add a couple of hours to his time
(and your bill) but it will pay off when you DON'T have to look for
that leaking plumbing coupler behind the engine during a
storm..;.because you've made a nice diagram of all the new work Boat
Guy has done and will be doing.

Stevie Wonder has the same problem with house painters....

R.