BoatBanter.com

-   -   Old boat paperwork (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/9417-old-boat-paperwork.html)

Ante Topic Mimara March 9th 04 02:09 PM

Old boat paperwork

How does one obtain information about older boats, such as the
owners or operators manuals, the manufacturer's performance and
building information, and all the other kinds of manuals, papers
and the like on a boat that is 30 or more years old? I would like
to find out how to obtain this information, as I cannot find a
website or any other information on the builder. I think that they
have gone out of business or something.

Any advisement from the newsgroup? Any other informantion I would
need to provide here, to get assistance tracking down these type
of documents?

---
-
A. Topic Mimara
Unique in the World! You will appreciate!
---

-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.

Jeff Morris March 9th 04 03:00 PM

Old boat paperwork

You could start by telling us what kind of boat it is, and what kind of engine.
There's a fair chance we could point you to a user group or forum that
specializes in your brand.

Ante Topic Mimara March 11th 04 12:44 AM

Old boat paperwork

Jeff Morris writes:
]
] You could start by telling us what kind of boat it is,
] and what kind of engine. There's a fair chance we could
] point you to a user group or forum that specializes in
] your brand.

Ahh yes, that might help, mightn't it?

Even thought I didn't have any one single specific "brand"
in mind (I was actually thinking of three) when I wrote
the question, I can tell you what two of them were. (The
third one isn't relevant anymore) They are Pacemaker and
Dragoning. I don't know what the engine make is, because
I don't have any particular vessels under consideration.

I'm merely looking to see how much information in the form
of builder's information, owners manuals and the like, which
will help me determine whether or not I want to go this way.

---
-
Topic-Mimara
Unique in the World!
---

-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.

MMC March 12th 04 04:28 AM

Old boat paperwork

Might try the Newport News Maritime Museum in Newport News, VA. If they
don't have it archived, they'll point you in the right direction if
possible.
I got the info for my '63 Chris Craft sailboat from them
(pre-internet-dinosaur period).

"Ante Topic Mimara" ] wrote in
message news:DWHJEIXG38056.8225462963@anonymous...
]