Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Yanmar Injector question

Hello group,

I have a 2qm20 Yanmar. I have had it for 6 years but it was built in
1978. I don't know if the injectors have ever been serviced. I have 2
new injectors. How much work and how difficult is it to remove the 2 old
ones, put the new ones in and making it work again?. I know the lines
will have to be bled. Is there anything tricky about putting the new
ones in?. I was thinking about changing one, getting it to work, then
changing the other. I have a service manual on the boat but it's in
Mexico at the moment.

The motor has been running a little rougher than usual lately and the
revs have been 'pumping' by about 100rpm at around 1000rpm. Would new
injectors have an effect on this?

Thanks,

Jeannette

a Yanmar YSB12 transmission control question [email protected] Cruising 3 June 7th 05 02:41 AM
Yanmar Exhaust Question Jeff Cruising 13 April 7th 05 05:52 AM
Merc 7.4 MPI Injector Noise Old Willie Cruising 1 July 16th 04 04:21 PM
Merc 7.4 MPI Injector Noise Old Willie Cruising 0 July 16th 04 02:18 PM
Yanmar question SAIL LOCO Cruising 5 June 24th 04 06:28 PM