BoatBanter.com

-   -   Lowrance 5200 (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/92212-lowrance-5200-a.html)

Molesworth March 13th 08 05:42 PM

Lowrance 5200

I have a Lowrance Globalmap 5200C GPS.

Has anyone connected this model to a PC? If so, what did you use?

I can't find anything online, despite using varying phrases!

--
Molesworth - antagonising the protagonist

Peter Bennett March 13th 08 11:44 PM

Lowrance 5200

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:42:42 -0500, Molesworth
wrote:

I have a Lowrance Globalmap 5200C GPS.

Has anyone connected this model to a PC? If so, what did you use?

I can't find anything online, despite using varying phrases!

Page 17 of the 5200C manual that I just downloaded from
http://www.lowrance.com describes the NMEA-0183 connections. The
NMEA-0183 connections should be connected to a PC serial port, or to a
serial = USB adaptor.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

Molesworth March 14th 08 11:49 PM

Lowrance 5200

wrote:

I have a Lowrance Globalmap 5200C GPS.

Has anyone connected this model to a PC? If so, what did you use?

I can't find anything online, despite using varying phrases!

Page 17 of the 5200C manual that I just downloaded from
http://www.lowrance.com describes the NMEA-0183 connections. The
NMEA-0183 connections should be connected to a PC serial port, or to a
serial = USB adaptor.

Duh! (Slaps forehead)

Lowrance.com - why didn't I think of that?

Cheers

--
Molesworth