BoatBanter.com

-   -   Exciting Coast Guard Training Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/89835-exciting-coast-guard-training-photos.html)

Geoff Schultz January 9th 08 06:56 PM

Exciting Coast Guard Training Photos

Here's a link to a set of photos from BoatTest showing a "a 47' USCG Motor
Life Boat in a training exercise on December 4, 2007 off Morro Bay,
California, as a 20-foot breaker takes aim." All that I can say is that
I'm glad this wasn't me!

http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...spx?NewsID=649

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

Larry January 10th 08 06:17 AM

Exciting Coast Guard Training Photos

wrote in :

I wonder what that training mission cost?

A helluva lot more than Red Cloud's rescue, I'm sure. Can you imagine the
beating the propulsion system, alone, took, to say nothing of the steering
gear...(c;

I'd love to have been there to hear how fast the diesel wound up to when
those big screws came clear of the water!....(c;

Larry
--
As the price of Monopoly money rises, at some point it will equal
Federal Reserve Private Bank fake banknotes in value!