BoatBanter.com

-   -   Astrolabe Manual (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/8911-astrolabe-manual.html)

Cindy Ballreich January 28th 04 09:22 PM

Astrolabe Manual

For those of you who always wanted to know how to use an
astrolabe, here's a manual written in 1391...

http://art-bin.com/art/oastro.html

--
the return email is a spam trap
send legit emails to cindy_at_ballreich_dot_net

Sheldon Haynie January 29th 04 07:40 PM

Astrolabe Manual

Thanks
Even then there were those who could not communicate :D

On 1/28/04 4:22 PM, in article , "Cindy
Ballreich" wrote:

For those of you who always wanted to know how to use an
astrolabe, here's a manual written in 1391...

http://art-bin.com/art/oastro.html

--
Sheldon Haynie
Texas Instruments

Cindy Ballreich January 29th 04 09:42 PM

Astrolabe Manual

Sheldon Haynie wrote:
Thanks
Even then there were those who could not communicate :D

Actually, I thought it was pretty good for middle english. There
were no spelling rules back then so it's essentially phonetic.
Lot's of thee's and thou's and stuff like that. Ever read "The
Canterbury Tales"?

I noticed that it was not complete. There's a note at the bottom
saying that they think it wasn't finished because the child
(Lewis) died. That's very sad considering the affection that
comes across in the opening paragraph.

Cindy

Sheldon Haynie February 2nd 04 05:15 PM

Astrolabe Manual

I was making a funny,
Regarding Middle English, my surname is that origin and was spelled 4
different ways in the same deed ca 1644 from the Northumberland County VA
book of deeds Vol 1.