BoatBanter.com

-   -   Is RBC sail only? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/8778-rbc-sail-only.html)

John Buscema January 18th 04 08:58 PM

Is RBC sail only?

Just discovered this newsgroup. Most posts seem sail oriented, was
wondering if this newsgroup had any powerboats as well?

Thanks,

John Buscema

Rosalie B. January 18th 04 09:51 PM

Is RBC sail only?

x-no-archive:yes

"John Buscema" wrote:

Just discovered this newsgroup. Most posts seem sail oriented, was
wondering if this newsgroup had any powerboats as well?

yes it does. The sailors are just windierg

grandma Rosalie

S/V RosalieAnn, Leonardtown, MD
CSY 44 WO #156
http://home.mindspring.com/~gmbeasley/id2.html

Steve January 18th 04 11:17 PM

Is RBC sail only?

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
yes it does. The sailors are just windierg

And the power boaters smell like exhaust fumes.

Steve ;o)

s/v Good Intentions

Mark Borgerson January 18th 04 11:49 PM

Is RBC sail only?

In article m,
says...
Just discovered this newsgroup. Most posts seem sail oriented, was
wondering if this newsgroup had any powerboats as well?

There ARE some of us here who do cruise in power boats. I used to
charter sailing craft almost exclusively. Now, with a couple of
kids, I often end up in a trawler yacht for a week. It provides
more room and the more predictable passages. In any case, most
of the sailboats I see in the San Juans and Gulf Islands spend at
least part of the day under power. Fluky winds and strong tidal
currents make a reliable auxilliary quite handy---particularly
if you are only an intermittent visitor on someone else's boat.

Mark Borgerson

Larry W4CSC January 19th 04 03:15 AM

Is RBC sail only?

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:17:40 -0800, "Steve" wrote:

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
.. .
yes it does. The sailors are just windierg

And the power boaters smell like exhaust fumes.

Steve ;o)

s/v Good Intentions

We will be closely following Good Intentions out of its slip to make
sure we don't smell diesel (or gas) fumes eminating from her
hull.....(c;

Let us hold your engine keys so as not to "lead you into temptation"
as the wind slackens......

Larry W4CSC

DSK January 20th 04 05:53 PM

Is RBC sail only?

John Buscema wrote:

Just discovered this newsgroup. Most posts seem sail oriented, was
wondering if this newsgroup had any powerboats as well?

The newsgroup doesn't have any boats at all ;)
Some of regular posters have powerboats. Just to be on the safe side I
have both.

DSK