BoatBanter.com

-   -   Looking for gift catalog (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/87600-looking-gift-catalog.html)

Bernard W Joseph November 4th 07 10:15 PM

Looking for gift catalog

I inadvertently tossed a fine catalog I received a couple of days ago.
Among the the things that interested me is a line of Wi-Fi amplifiers.
They are just the ticket for the cruiser who pulls into a new port and
wants to connect to the Internet via an open system near the marina.

All I remember is that that the catalog had very classy gifts. I think
that the name Capn John was on it, as well as a picture of a famous
wooden boat construction shack.

I would appreciate any help on tracking down this company.

Bernard

Wayne.B November 5th 07 05:09 AM

Looking for gift catalog

k8lix.at.arrl.net wrote:

I inadvertently tossed a fine catalog I received a couple of days ago.
Among the the things that interested me is a line of Wi-Fi amplifiers.
They are just the ticket for the cruiser who pulls into a new port and
wants to connect to the Internet via an open system near the marina.

All I remember is that that the catalog had very classy gifts. I think
that the name Capn John was on it, as well as a picture of a famous
wooden boat construction shack.

I would appreciate any help on tracking down this company.

On the off chance that your post is not thinly disguised spam, I would
suggest that what you really need is a high powered WiFi bridge with
provisions for an external antenna. These guys have a great selection
of equipment, reasonable prices and good service:

http://www.wlanparts.com

http://www.wlanparts.com/category/engenius/

Here are two of my favorites:

http://www.wlanparts.com/product/EUB...EUB362EXT.html

http://www.wlanparts.com/product/EOC...1bg_400mW.html

Get a high gain vertical antenna and some low loss coax and you'll be
in great shape to connect where ever you go.

As we speak I am connected to an access point 2 miles away using an
EOC3220EXT and a 15 db vertical about 20 ft above the water.

[email protected] November 6th 07 11:03 AM

Looking for gift catalog

Check out Sea Tech from FL. They offer a complete kit For $399.
That's what I'm using now. Works great!

Wayne.B November 6th 07 01:57 PM

Looking for gift catalog

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 03:03:40 -0800, wrote:

Check out Sea Tech from FL. They offer a complete kit For $399.
That's what I'm using now. Works great!

URL ?

The Senao/engenius 362-EXT from wlanparts.com costs $60, the antenna
and coax cost about $90.