BoatBanter.com

-   -   Some more on Manson Supreme (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/87579-some-more-manson-supreme.html)

Gordon November 3rd 07 05:03 PM

Some more on Manson Supreme

It was noted earlier that most all anchors have a certificate from
LLoyd's for High Holding Power. (HHP)
However, the Manson Supreme claims to be the ONLY production anchor to
have a certificate for Super High Holding Power (SHHP)
I haven't been able to find out what the standards for these test
are, but for known poor designs to get the HHP rating makes you wonder
if this testing has any real significance.
Gordon

Evan Gatehouse[_2_] November 4th 07 04:35 AM

Some more on Manson Supreme

Gordon wrote:
It was noted earlier that most all anchors have a certificate from
LLoyd's for High Holding Power. (HHP)
However, the Manson Supreme claims to be the ONLY production anchor to
have a certificate for Super High Holding Power (SHHP)
I haven't been able to find out what the standards for these test are,
but for known poor designs to get the HHP rating makes you wonder if
this testing has any real significance.
Gordon

Just about anything that ISN'T a "Stockless Navy type" will get a HHP
notation.

SHHP is more uncommon, but Fortress have that notation from DNV.

Evan Gatehouse