BoatBanter.com

-   -   Odd Ball Boats (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/87137-odd-ball-boats.html)

Joe October 16th 07 03:22 PM

Odd Ball Boats

http://blog.scifi.com/tech/pics/frontrunner.jpg

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/mags/..._tank_boat.jpg

http://alsphere.at/images/press/DG-boat-in-the-air.jpg

http://www.grannybuttons.com/photos/...oat%20No.1.jpg

http://www.ventureco-worldwide.com/p...nislandnew.jpg

http://www.wetasschronicles.com/FloatingPig1.jpg

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-19...-white-ggr.jpg

http://www.microsaft.com/bilder/g600...saftcom028.jpg

http://www.eliboat.com/wp-content/Tableboat.jpg

Terry K October 16th 07 10:41 PM

Odd Ball Boats

On Oct 16, 11:22 am, Joe wrote:
http://blog.scifi.com/tech/pics/frontrunner.jpg

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/mags/.../6-1939/med_oi...

http://alsphere.at/images/press/DG-boat-in-the-air.jpg

http://www.grannybuttons.com/photos/...ge-Odd-looking...

http://www.ventureco-worldwide.com/p...nislandnew.jpg

http://www.wetasschronicles.com/FloatingPig1.jpg

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-19...r-Clipper-boat...

http://www.microsaft.com/bilder/g600...microsaftcom02...

http://www.eliboat.com/wp-content/Tableboat.jpg

Cool concepts!

One I was hoping to see is missing. In Ottawa, Lake Deschenes, there
is on shore a circular (round) boat which was used as a tour boat. It
looked like an unidentified floating object. Nobody seemed to know
much about it, as it had been on the beach for years.

Terry K

Jere Lull October 17th 07 12:04 AM

Odd Ball Boats

On 2007-10-16 10:22:59 -0400, Joe said:

http://www.wetasschronicles.com/FloatingPig1.jpg

FloatingPig is SO true!

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD

Garland Gray II October 17th 07 01:11 AM

Odd Ball Boats

"Terry K" wrote in message
ups.com...

One I was hoping to see is missing. In Ottawa, Lake Deschenes, there
is on shore a circular (round) boat which was used as a tour boat. It
looked like an unidentified floating object. Nobody seemed to know
much about it, as it had been on the beach for years.

Terry K

Interesting.
Russian Admiral Popov devised a round battleship design in the 19th century
following the idea of the rotating turret of the Monitor. He made the whole
ship the turret. Two were built, but not surprisingly, could neither go
straight nor manuever well.

Terry K October 17th 07 03:11 AM

Odd Ball Boats

On Oct 16, 9:11 pm, "Garland Gray II" wrote:
"Terry K" wrote in message

ups.com...

One I was hoping to see is missing. In Ottawa, Lake Deschenes, there
is on shore a circular (round) boat which was used as a tour boat. It
looked like an unidentified floating object. Nobody seemed to know
much about it, as it had been on the beach for years.

Terry K

Interesting.
Russian Admiral Popov devised a round battleship design in the 19th century
following the idea of the rotating turret of the Monitor. He made the whole
ship the turret. Two were built, but not surprisingly, could neither go
straight nor manuever well.

I guess the concept of an azipod wasn't the vogue? I have seen log
wrangler boats like a 50 hp outboard mounted on an inner tube with
toothy bumpers do amazing things. I don't know why you couldn't mount
lee boards and a rudder and a sail and a chain gun to patrol ditches
in stealth mode.

Terry K

Stephen Trapani October 17th 07 03:26 PM

Odd Ball Boats

Joe wrote:

http://www.eliboat.com/wp-content/Tableboat.jpg

In "Gunkholing in South Puget Sound," the author describes making one of
these in his youth, using it all day, then putting the table back in his
friends house so his mother never knew. Funny.

Stephen

Joe October 17th 07 04:20 PM

Odd Ball Boats

On Oct 16, 4:41 pm, Terry K wrote:
On Oct 16, 11:22 am, Joe wrote:

http://blog.scifi.com/tech/pics/frontrunner.jpg

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/mags/.../6-1939/med_oi...

http://alsphere.at/images/press/DG-boat-in-the-air.jpg

http://www.grannybuttons.com/photos/...ge-Odd-looking...

http://www.ventureco-worldwide.com/p...nislandnew.jpg

http://www.wetasschronicles.com/FloatingPig1.jpg

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-19...r-Clipper-boat...

http://www.microsaft.com/bilder/g600...microsaftcom02...

http://www.eliboat.com/wp-content/Tableboat.jpg

Cool concepts!

One I was hoping to see is missing. In Ottawa, Lake Deschenes, there
is on shore a circular (round) boat which was used as a tour boat. It
looked like an unidentified floating object. Nobody seemed to know
much about it, as it had been on the beach for years.

Terry K- Hide quoted text -

You want Flying saucer's?

OK
http://www.shorey.net/Auto/Miscellan...20Fv%20B&W.jpg