Terry Spragg

Default water

Ken H wrote:

http://www.rutuonline.com/html/watermaker.html

Stop trying to show off your giant screen monitor capabilities
and reformat your site so we majority (real people?) can read it
without flipping every line of text back and forth on our trusty
14" monitors. 80 columns is enough, because we speed readers can
take it all in in a glance, if the colour contrast is good
enough. Think ergonomic users!

I read the first two lines and thought it not worth the bother,
sorry.

Please do not think that this offer of assistance is intended as
criticism.

Many amateur sites suffer from unpopularity for this reason.

So, is your site intended to be read, or is it just for your own
vanity?

BFG (big friendly grin)

-- Terry K - My email address is MY PROPERTY, and is protected by
copyright legislation. Permission to reproduce it is
specifically denied for mass mailing and unrequested
solicitations. Spamspoof salad by spamchock TM - SofDevCo ®

Glenn Ashmore

Sorry you had trouble but almost any monitor can display 1028x768 which
is the resolution the site is designed for. It is easy to set your
monitor. Just click StartSettingsControl PanelDisplay. Click the
Settings tab and move the slider to 1028x768.

If you look around the site you will see that there is a LOT of
information on the 30 odd pages. Many of the pictures and CAD drawings
would be impossible to display at a lower resolution.

Terry Spragg wrote:

Ken H wrote:

[...]

there of) at:
http://www.rutuonline.com

Glenn Ashmore

BTW, acording to Google, it is one of the most popular personal
boatbuilding sites on the web. I have had to upgrade my account to
20GB/month to accomodate the traffic.

Also it is not an ego trip. It is insurance to make sure I finish the
boat. If I quit I will look like a total jackass in front of millions of
web surfers. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Messing In Boats

Just for another opinion, I think it's a pretty interesting site with a
lot of useful information, even for someone who will never use a
watermaker in his own life.

It gives inspiration to those who wonder about fabricating their own
ideas. Keep up the good work!

Capt. Jeff