BoatBanter.com

-   -   Used 186 Captiva (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/86576-used-186-captiva.html)

Mike[_5_] September 26th 07 07:50 PM

Used 186 Captiva

Hello Group!!

Im a newbie and i was thinking of buying a rinker 1989 186 captiva
for my first boat...i wanna use it to tube and ski with my family.
Does anyone have any feedback about his boat? any suggestions as to
what is the best runabout to get? im only looking to spend around
5,000

Thanks for any help!!

Mike

Jere Lull September 26th 07 11:53 PM

Used 186 Captiva

On 2007-09-26 14:50:19 -0400, Mike said:

Im a newbie and i was thinking of buying a rinker 1989 186 captiva for
my first boat...i wanna use it to tube and ski with my family. Does
anyone have any feedback about his boat? any suggestions as to what is
the best runabout to get? im only looking to spend around 5,000

I'd ask people who are actually doing what you want to do. They'll be
at the ramps you expect to launch from, and few boaters are reticent
about "new" boat flaws.

Though only anecdotal evidence, friends of ours had an about 30' Rinker
of a bit newer age. First year, its name was "Stinkin' Rinker", they
got a year or two of fair service out of it once the warrantee items
were dealt with, then they sold it as "Stinkin' Rinker". They were not
happy with what had had a reputation as a quality product.

Personally, for that size boat, I'd worry more about the engine's track
record than the boat's. (Actually, for ANY size boat, but that's a
different story.)

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD