BoatBanter.com

-   -   4th FL trip report, shorter, this time! (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/8652-4th-fl-trip-report-shorter-time.html)

[email protected] January 14th 04 09:19 PM

4th FL trip report, shorter, this time!

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:58:01 -0500, DSK wrote:

Skip Gundlach wrote:

Curiouser and curiouser...

Skip, by constantly staying in touch with these brokers, you are sending the wrong message. Go look at other boats. Go
play golf. GO do anything except pester these guys to sell you one of these boats. The message you are sending is
(loosely translated) "I am really on the hook and *will* buy this boat at your price if you play me right." You need to
walk away, at least for a little while. The odds are very low that either of these boats is going to sell in the next two
weeks.

This is superb advice. Sometimes being the boss means letting go of
the tiller...

.. If you want to hang on to more of your money, you'll just
have to play a waiting game.

You *want* to buy an unwrecked Morgan 46...fair and good...It doesn't
have to be either of these...particularly that dodgy lawyer-involved
one. The brokers sound a bit dim, actually.

R.