BoatBanter.com

-   -   53 Hatteras/NYS Canal system (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/85536-53-hatteras-nys-canal-system.html)

[email protected] August 26th 07 03:20 PM

53 Hatteras/NYS Canal system

Hello
Anyone know,if a 53 Hatteras with a radar arch,can make it up the
NYS canal system from NYC-Oswego NY
Thanks,Phil

Wayne.B August 26th 07 09:10 PM

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 07:20:39 -0700, wrote:

Hello
Anyone know,if a 53 Hatteras with a radar arch,can make it up the
NYS canal system from NYC-Oswego NY
Thanks,Phil

Maximum air draft is 20 feet. My guess is that you'll need to drop
the arch but I don't know for sure. Measure carefully from the
waterline to deck level, deck level to flybridge deck, flybridge deck
to top of radar, and add it all up.