BoatBanter.com

-   -   Crown 28 - comfortable settees? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/84746-crown-28-comfortable-settees.html)

druid August 8th 07 03:30 PM

Crown 28 - comfortable settees?

Hi

As many know, I'm looking for a new-to-me sailboat. I've pretty much
settled on either a Crown 28 or a Cal 2-27, for many reasons. I'm finding
the Crown 28 is much easier to find here in Vancouver (where they were
built), but the settees look uncomfortable: there's a bookcase-like thing
that sticks out at about neck-height.

Does anybody have experience with Crown 28's? Are the comfortable down
below? I know they're fast and well-built.

One other question: I'm looking at a Cal 2-27 that has a 12hp Farymann
"A-30" diesel: is that a one-cyl? I think they're pretty reliable, but
would the one-lung be a LOT of vibration?

druid
http://www.bcboatnet.org