BoatBanter.com

-   -   our new boat (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/8458-our-new-boat.html)

Evan Gatehouse December 14th 03 08:19 AM

our new boat

Well we did it.

We just bought a 40' catamaran, to be mostly used for offshore cruising in
about 5 years. This will be a big step up from the last boat, a 30' heavy
displacement monohull that we cruised on for 3-1/2 years and lived aboard
for 8 years.

This boat was a good price and will need a lot of work - but it will keep me
out of trouble in the time between now and setting off.

Wish me luck - especially finding moorage for a 23' wide boat...

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)

Jeff Morris December 14th 03 01:40 PM

our new boat

Congratulations. Welcome to the club!

So what kind did you get?

--
-jeff www.sv-loki.com
"I like sailing because it is the sport which demands the least energy" Albert

DSK December 14th 03 03:12 PM

our new boat

Evan Gatehouse wrote:

Well we did it.

We just bought a 40' catamaran,

Congratualtions!

to be mostly used for offshore cruising in
about 5 years. This will be a big step up from the last boat, a 30' heavy
displacement monohull that we cruised on for 3-1/2 years and lived aboard
for 8 years.

This boat was a good price and will need a lot of work - but it will keep me
out of trouble in the time between now and setting off.

What sort of projects are you undertaking? All boats are a work in progress,
really.

Wish me luck - especially finding moorage for a 23' wide boat...

heh heh just put it on two mooring balls...

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Backyard Renegade December 14th 03 06:39 PM

our new boat

"Evan Gatehouse" wrote in message ...
Well we did it.

We just bought a 40' catamaran, to be mostly used for offshore cruising in
about 5 years. This will be a big step up from the last boat, a 30' heavy
displacement monohull that we cruised on for 3-1/2 years and lived aboard
for 8 years.

This boat was a good price and will need a lot of work - but it will keep me
out of trouble in the time between now and setting off.

Wish me luck - especially finding moorage for a 23' wide boat...

Those boats are fun, me and the kid surprised a guy on one last year
when we asked a him if we could paddle under it. I think his two year
old was more excited than we were when we popped out from the stern
all laid down in our little canoe;) Good luck, Scotty

Evan Gatehouse December 15th 03 07:23 AM

our new boat

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
Congratulations. Welcome to the club!

So what kind did you get?

It's a Richard Woods design, a "Meander". Foam/glass construction.

http://www.yachtworld.com/passageyachtsales/

and click on "Yachts For Sale" on the left side frame.

Scroll down to "40 Woods Catamaran". She's a nice looking boat.

It's an open bridgedeck design and I will be building a nice light foam
composite bridgedeck cabin, adding a diesel and raising the mast about 2'.

Then it needs a stove, decent electronics, lifelines and stanchions, a
windlass, better autopilot, watermaker, more storage lockers, build a fasty
planing dinghy, etc. etc.

Just little stuff really :)

L. M. Rappaport December 15th 03 03:37 PM

our new boat

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:23:14 -0800, "Evan Gatehouse"
wrote (with possible editing):

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
Congratulations. Welcome to the club!

So what kind did you get?

It's a Richard Woods design, a "Meander". Foam/glass construction.

http://www.yachtworld.com/passageyachtsales/

and click on "Yachts For Sale" on the left side frame.

Scroll down to "40 Woods Catamaran". She's a nice looking boat.

It's an open bridgedeck design and I will be building a nice light foam
composite bridgedeck cabin, adding a diesel and raising the mast about 2'.

Then it needs a stove, decent electronics, lifelines and stanchions, a
windlass, better autopilot, watermaker, more storage lockers, build a fasty
planing dinghy, etc. etc.

Just little stuff really :)

Beautiful! Congratulations! Can't tell much from pictures, but it
does look like she's in good shape.
--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com