BoatBanter.com

-   -   CHB - What to watch out for (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/8363-chb-what-watch-out.html)

Chuck Bollinger December 8th 03 04:36 AM

CHB - What to watch out for

Vic Fraenckel wrote:

For the unenlightened, what is a CHB?

Vic

An abbreviation for "Chien Hwa Boat". As you see from my earlier, it was sort
of a supercontractor, like Bechtel, with subcontractors working for it. Some of
the importers supervised and insisted on good work, others left things to chance.

Everett December 9th 03 04:14 AM

CHB - What to watch out for

Thanks to everyone who responded. Especially for the link to the Yahoo
site.
I've an appoingtment to see one tomorrow.

Everett

"Everett" wrote in message
I'm thinking about a used CHB 34. Can anyone point out common problems I
should know about and watch out for in these 30 year old beauties??
Anything along the lines of "if it hasn't been fixed by now, you're going

have to ..."

Thanks and wish me luck!
Everett