BoatBanter.com

-   -   Electrical connection (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/82424-electrical-connection.html)

Dennie McKee July 12th 07 02:41 PM

Electrical connection

Need recommendations for electrical grease for shore power cable to prevent
corrosion, etc.

--
Dennie

Keith July 13th 07 12:24 PM

Electrical connection

On Jul 12, 8:41 am, "Dennie McKee" wrote:
Need recommendations for electrical grease for shore power cable to prevent
corrosion, etc.

--
Dennie

Spray the connectors with Corrosion Block. It's a blue and white can,
and made for electrical connections. Spray the plugs and sockets at
both ends. I spray everything electrical on my boat... breaker
connections, light bulb bases and sockets, radio connectors, etc.
Great stuff!

Bob July 15th 07 02:44 AM

Electrical connection

On Jul 12, 6:41 am, "Dennie McKee" wrote:
Need recommendations for electrical grease for shore power cable to prevent
corrosion, etc.

--
Dennie

Go to electrical suppy store. tell them your application. Then buy it.

Its called dialectic grease

Al Thomason July 15th 07 02:42 PM

Electrical connection

On Jul 12, 6:41 am, "Dennie McKee" wrote:
Need recommendations for electrical grease for shore power cable to prevent
corrosion, etc.
Dennie

Go to electrical suppy store. tell them your application. Then buy it.

Its called dialectic grease

Dialectric grease is what I also use. Can be easly purchased at Auto
supply stores. Should be able to get a large tube of it for a couple
of $

-al-

Matt[_2_] September 1st 07 01:41 AM

Electrical connection

In many places (automotive / walmart) it is called "spark plug enhancer."

If you read the fine print, it is dialectric grease - just like others have
been telling you

oups.com...