BoatBanter.com

-   -   George Berkeley where are you now that we need you? (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/81320-george-berkeley-where-you-now-we-need-you.html)

[email protected] June 5th 07 09:16 PM

George Berkeley where are you now that we need you?

I just replaced a 4" Nicro deckplate because it has always leaked like
a sieve, or so I thought. However I noticed this gem in the
instructions for the new plate: "NICRO vents DO NOT LEAK in heavy rain
or spray. However an improper Decplate installation can result in a
vent that appears to leak (or drip) in rain, spray or wash down."
Both the capitalization and the metaphysics are from the original.
FWIW, I have also perceived that the new plate leaks apparently
leaving puddles all over what I believe to be my stove despite my
sensation of following what seemed to be the instructions
scrupulously...

"Esse est percipi"

-- Tom.