BoatBanter.com

-   -   Sperry Topsider Repair (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/81074-sperry-topsider-repair.html)

DotNettie May 28th 07 12:30 PM

Sperry Topsider Repair

I have a pair of Topsiders from the early 1980's--about 1982 or so. They are
in very good condition except for the soles that are no longer non-skid.
Sperry used to have resoling services but they don't anymore as you might
know.

I searched around the web and found the Resole America site. I inquired of
them but they can't repair the model I have which is the America's Cup, that
is no longer made. The shoe sits in the sole, not on it and is stitched
about 1/2 inch onto the body of the shoe.

I really hate to part with the shoes...the leather is in excellent conditon
and the shoes still have the original laces. They are very "salty", have
been thru 3 sailboats and numerous boat shows. If they could be repaired, it
probably would cost more then new boat shoes, but "they don't make them like
they used to".

Silly, I know, but does anyone know of a local cobbler or vendor in their
area that can repair obsolete Sperry Topsiders?

Diane

[email protected] June 22nd 14 03:54 PM

Sperry Topsider Retirement after 29 years

Today I retired my Sperry Topsiders which I purchased at the 1975 Newport Boat Show.

Farewell!

Tdacon June 22nd 14 06:56 PM

wrote in message

Today I retired my Sperry Topsiders which I purchased at the 1975 Newport
Boat Show.

I had a pair of Sperry sea boots with the same unbelievable longevity -
purchased 1970, and only retired last year on account of a split at about
ankle level on one of them. If I'd been a little more careful storing them,
they'd still be going strong today.

Tom