BoatBanter.com

-   -   Plans for a fold out cockpit table (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/7968-plans-fold-out-cockpit-table.html)

Edward Reiss November 3rd 03 12:54 AM

Plans for a fold out cockpit table

Rather than spend $500 for an Edson fold out table I decided to use this
winter to build one. I only lack plans. Does anyone have some good designs,
or knowledge where such would be posted?

Thank you

Stephen Yoder November 3rd 03 01:54 PM

Plans for a fold out cockpit table

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 16:54:45 -0800, Edward Reiss wrote
(in message ):

Rather than spend $500 for an Edson fold out table I decided to use this
winter to build one. I only lack plans. Does anyone have some good designs,
or knowledge where such would be posted?

Thank you

I built a number of tables for my boat, each more elaborate than the last.
In the end, the simplest turned out to be the best. Take a look at the table
in any older camper. You can buy the floor flange, pedestal and table flange
at an RV dealer. Cheap, functional, get it out fo the cockpit when not in
use, etc.

-Another Steve

Skip Gundlach November 3rd 03 05:18 PM

Plans for a fold out cockpit table

"Stephen Yoder" wrote in message
thlink.net...
I built a number of tables for my boat, each more elaborate than the last.
In the end, the simplest turned out to be the best. Take a look at the

table
in any older camper. You can buy the floor flange, pedestal and table

flange
at an RV dealer. Cheap, functional, get it out fo the cockpit when not in
use, etc.

Ditto the Pontoon Boats - and you might find something happier with the
water environment...

L8R

Skip

Rodney Myrvaagnes November 3rd 03 05:38 PM

Plans for a fold out cockpit table

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 00:54:45 GMT, Edward Reiss
wrote:

Rather than spend $500 for an Edson fold out table I decided to use this
winter to build one. I only lack plans. Does anyone have some good designs,
or knowledge where such would be posted?

Surely you can draw one better suited to your specific boat and
requirements than an off-the-shelf design. you may not even want it to
fold in the cockpit, but stow below.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

"Religious wisdom is to wisdom as military music is to music."