BoatBanter.com

-   -   Removing windshield from 36' Trojan Tricabin (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/7890-removing-windshield-36-trojan-tricabin.html)

Gary October 24th 03 02:32 PM

Removing windshield from 36' Trojan Tricabin

Has anyone had experience in removing one of these? After owning my
1974 Trojan for 12 years now, I find it necessary to remove the
windshield for the winter in order to get the boat to where I want to
store it. I've had a quick look at the framing of it and can't really
see how it is put together and wondering if anyone has had experience
with one of these, that could tell me how big of a job it is to take
down and reassemble...

Gary

Donny October 26th 03 10:37 PM

Removing windshield from 36' Trojan Tricabin

Hi Gary,

We own a 1974 Trojan as well, just not as big as yours. Ours is a 25
foot Sea Raider.

Our windshield attaches from below in the cabin. Look for stainless
steel wood screws, phillips head, with those dress up washers. You
might find a row of them right under the windshield. If the fasteners
are under the headliner, this 'll have to come off first, I suppose.

If it were me, I would remove as many fasteners as I could, then try
wiggling it a little, or lifting it slightly, to see where else it's
fastened.

Last resort would be to contact Bob Cushman at www.trojanboats.net, I
think he has a similar Trojan to you.

My 2¢

Donny

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:32:35 -0400, Gary wrote:

Has anyone had experience in removing one of these? After owning my
1974 Trojan for 12 years now, I find it necessary to remove the
windshield for the winter in order to get the boat to where I want to
store it. I've had a quick look at the framing of it and can't really
see how it is put together and wondering if anyone has had experience
with one of these, that could tell me how big of a job it is to take
down and reassemble...

Gary

1974 Trojan Sea Raider 25'

www.picturetrail.com/sixbennetts