Andy Warner

Default Docs on Chris Craft Catalina

Folks,
I just bought a 1986 Chris Craft by Grew 29' Catalina Express. I have no
brochures or docs on the boat itself, so I don't know where the water
heater is. If anyone could let me know, that would be great :-)
If anyone knows where I can get a manual for this thing, it would really
help. It has twin 170 Merc IOs, and those are easy to find out about, get
parts for, etc, but I can't find anything about the boat itself, so I
apparently have to trace out all the plumbing and electric. It has a hot
water heater switch and an inverter switch on the 110 electrical panel, but
I have know clue where they are. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Andy
Steve

Even if you could find OEM documentation on this ~18 year old vessel, you
shouldn't totally rely in them.

Since the boat is this old, it is time for you as the new owner to 'hand
over hand' all of the systems. This it a good idea, even on a new boat..

You seldom get "As Built" details and the outfitting yard (sometimes a 3rd
party) seem to place things and run wires where ever it is most convenient.

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions