Mike

Default Tiller to remote steering conversion

I have a 30 hp Yamaha (with tiller) that I want to convert to remote
steering.

Is there a conversion kit I can buy?
Vito

Mike wrote:

I have a 30 hp Yamaha (with tiller) that I want to convert to remote
steering.

Is there a conversion kit I can buy?

The tiller control that came with my used sailboat has a remote
comprising a simple 2-way momentary switch on a 30' cable. The previous
owner used it to steer from the bow when dodging crab pots. I'd think
it'd work on an outboard tiller too. Check out the Simrad TP-10 at
http://www.onlinemarine.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online_superstore/electronics/autopilots/navico_tp100tp200cx.htm?E+scstore

OB Motor steering question tillius General 3 June 28th 04 12:36 PM
Remote steering conversion Karsten Boat Building 1 June 15th 04 02:29 AM
cable steering Gregory McGuire General 1 June 8th 04 12:52 AM
Push-Pull Tiller Andrew Butchart Boat Building 2 April 4th 04 01:44 AM
Boat Steering (tiller vs wheel) Lee Maxwell General 10 September 17th 03 03:13 AM