BoatBanter.com

-   -   mounting through sound proofing (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/77062-mounting-through-sound-proofing.html)

[email protected] December 28th 06 02:13 AM

mounting through sound proofing

Once I get all the nice foam composite sound proofing on my engine room
bulkheads, what's the best way to mount stuff back on, like fuel
filters, inverter, and so on. If I screw them through the insulation
doesn't the compression reduce its effectiveness, and don't the screws
themselves provide a path for sound transmission? And good techniques
would be appreciated.

Also, has I've heard that the foam in the panels breaks down and sheds.
Is that a real problem?

Thanks, yours, Crane